The morning probably started off as any other. Alarm clocks blaring, half awake parents scrambling to get their kids out of bed and ready for school. A few of them moan and complain their bellies hurt, insisting that they should be left to stay home for a day filled with cartoons and video games. Dad heads down to start the coffee while Mom continues her next round of negotiating.
Just another crazy friday morning. "Ahh, thank God it's friday", mom utters under her breath, just as the tired children begin fighting with each other because one looked at the other wrong. Mom heads down stairs to get away from the bickering boys to get herself a much needed cup of coffee.
Suddenly, their morning madness comes to a eery halt as they hear a loud bang. Was it a car backfiring they wonder. Then they hear the screams. They rush up the stairs and find their 8 year old lying on the floor in a pool of blood with their loaded hand gun lying next to them. In an instant the crazy morning madness is gone forever.
As I read the story yesterday morning my heart shattered. I wept for such a tragic loss of life. What life experiences this young child would miss and as a parent I wept for the pain they will have for the rest of their life. I am sure the greatest argument will be why the child was able to get ahold of the gun in the first place but for just a moment I only felt their agony. As a minister to children...I felt a burden. We need to pray for our children and the children in our city. Life is short, accidents can happen and children are not exempt.
Join me as I pray for this child's family. For the children in our homes, the children in our city and the child in our country and beyond. May you rest in peace "Jose".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment